I'll need to calculate my TEE first:
BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) - Mifflin-St Jeor formula
Men: BMR = [9.99 x weight (kg)] + [6.25 x height (cm)] - [4.92 x age (years)] + 5
Women: BMR = [9.99 x weight (kg)] + [6.25 x height (cm)] - [4.92 x age (years)] - 161
so my BMR would be:
BMR = [9.99 x 68kg] + [6.25 x 172cm] - [4.92 x 22yrs] - 161 = 1485.08
TEE (Total Energy Expenditure)
BMR x activity variable
Activity variables
1.2 = Sedentary (Little or no exercise + desk job)
What are my goals?
At first I want to lose weight before I start toning. No, I'm not overweight, nor do I wish to look as skinny as I did in high school (shudder), but I want to be able to see the progress I'm making so I'm doing to try to shed the fat first. If I'm wrong PLEASE tell me in the comments, I'm not an expert and am just trying to figure all this out!
To ADD weight: ADD 10-20% calories to the total above
I don't want to lose a lot of weight, nor do I want to lose it quickly. So my ideal daily caloric intake will be:
So that's
BMR x activity variable
Activity variables
1.2 = Sedentary (Little or no exercise + desk job)
1.3-1.4 = Lightly Active (Little daily activity & light exercise 1-3 days a week)
1.5-1.6 = Moderately Active (Moderately active daily life & Moderate exercise 3-5 days a week)
1.7-1.8 = Very Active (Physically demanding lifestyle & Hard exercise or sports 6-7 days a week)
1.9-2.0 = Extremely Active (Hard daily exercise or sports and physical job)
Taking my activity variable to be 1.6 (I game hard, so I'm picking moderately active to suit that), my TEE would be:
1485.08 x 1.6 = 2376.128
At first I want to lose weight before I start toning. No, I'm not overweight, nor do I wish to look as skinny as I did in high school (shudder), but I want to be able to see the progress I'm making so I'm doing to try to shed the fat first. If I'm wrong PLEASE tell me in the comments, I'm not an expert and am just trying to figure all this out!
To ADD weight: ADD 10-20% calories to the total above
To LOSE weight: SUBTRACT 10-20% calories from the total above
2376.128 x (100-10)/100 = 2138.5152
2100 calories/day
No comments:
Post a Comment